Facts about vaping devices and all devices that you can find at Rubii Vape Shop
How do vaping devices work?
Most e-cigarettes consist of four different components, including:
- Cartridge or reservoir or pod, which holds a liquid solution (e-liquid or e-juice) containing varying amounts of nicotine, flavorings, and other chemicals
- Heating element (atomizer)
- Power source (usually a battery)
- Mouthpiece that the person uses to inhale
- In many e-cigarettes, puffing activates the battery-powered heating device, which vaporizes the liquid in the cartridge. The person then inhales the resulting aerosol or vapor (called vaping).
Under U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations designed to protect the health of young Americans, minors can no longer buy e-cigarettes in stores or online (see "Government Regulation of E-cigarettes"). The FDA now regulates the manufacture, import, packaging, labeling, advertising, promotion, sale, and distribution of e-cigarettes. This includes components and parts of e-cigarettes but excludes accessories.
Government Regulation of E-cigarettes
In 2016, the FDA established a rule for e-cigarettes and their liquid solutions. Because e-cigarettes contain nicotine derived from tobacco, they are now subject to government regulation as tobacco products.
Rubii Vape Shop is making sure to prevent youth the access to e-cigarettes in our vape and smoke shop in Coral Gables and Miami Beach. Since December 2019, the federal government raised the legal minimum age of sale of tobacco products from 18 to 21 years, and in January 2020, the FDA issued a policy on the sale of flavored vaping cartridges. Rubii Vape Shop is taking the measure very seriously, we ask every visitor to our website to verify their age. We are marking our promotional material with a Warning note - Products sold in our on-line store contain nicotine and that nicotine is an addictive chemical.